Saturday, June 10, 2017

Friday--Candlelight and Conversations

Today was bittersweet for the Spring Hill Presbyterian youth group. We began our day with the best energizers. In the midst of dancing, we all realized we really were on top of the world. The keynote speaker and evening worship preacher gave an inspiring message about taking initiative and being peace in the world. In our small groups, we wrote all our new friends affirmations and played fun games. Liam, Ruth, Virginia, Haley, and I adventured around Montreat and took cool pictures. Shoutout to Liam for being our photographer! After worship, the entire conference gathered around Lake Susan for the annual candle lighting service. When all the candles were lit, it was breathtakingly beautiful. First our back home leaders extinguished their candles. Then freshman, sophomores, and juniors did. Seniors were last. Everyone in our group put their hands on Alex and I. We blew out our candles and our time as a youth has come to an end. Since Alex and I are both going to South, we don't have to leave this awesome youth group. I love this group and I'm so thankful I was able to grow with them this week. I've attended this conference five times and this year was by far the best.

--Mary Hunter Davis



1 comment:

  1. Productive content! I am quite impressive from what you have shared in your blog. Thank you for sharing this blog with us.

    zombie escape room Las Vegas

    ReplyDelete